The Norfolk Hotel, formerly known as Pangbourne House, replaced Dorset House at No. 14 Church Road.
(see: map of 1839).
The Hotel functioned for 50 years between 1909 to 1959.
Nos. 10 - 12, Dorset Place, in Church Road and No. 14, Norfolk Hotel, in Church Road were demolished in the early 1960's to make space for Telephone House, the administrative headquarters of the Tunbridge Wells telephone area. The office opened in 1965.
Crest Nicholson's and Southgate Developments' (BT) proposed replacement in 2000 for the 21st century
Demolition of Telephone House in February 2003