The Congregational Church was built by local stonemason Jabez Scholes at the corner of York Road / Mount Pleasant in 1845-1848.
In 1866 the grand Tuscan temple portico was added to the church. The Lecture Hall was annexed to the York Road side at the same time.
Jabez Scholes also started to build the terrace of 5 houses, the first buildings in the intended road leading from Tunbridge Wells Common to Mount Pleasant - now Nos. 6-14 York Road.
Photos of York Road - Catalogue